Twitter is becoming a very important asset for many people. While it a marketing tool for some, it is a way to publish personal opinions for others.
So, what if I say someone hacked your Twitter account and using it behind your back without your knowledge.
Well, in order to prevent this, Twitter has a useful option which lets you see all the devices your Twitter account was used or being used along with the Date & Time of login and Location.
Also, if you notice that your account is being used on some unknown device, you have an option to log out from it.
So, let us see how we can check When and where your Twitter account was/is being used so you can confirm whether your account is hacked or not and take suitable security steps according to it.
Check Recent logins on Twitter Website
You can check your recent login activity by logging in to the Twitter website by following these steps:
- Log in to Twitter & click on your profile picture in the top-right corner and then click on Settings and Privacy.
- Now in the left side click on Apps and Devices.
- Here you can see all the apps which have access to your Twitter account. Now if you scroll down, you can see all your recent logins from different devices under Recently used devices to access Twitter.
Now here in the list, for each login, you can see the Device type (Android, iOS..), Location, Date & Time of login and a Logout option.
Also, on the top of the list, there is also an option called Logout all, which will log out of your account all the devices except the device you are currently using.
Tip: Instead of navigating through above steps, you can directly visit https://twitter.com/settings/sessions to view recent login sessions.
Check Recent login activity on Twitter Mobile App
Even if you are using the Twitter app for Android or iOS, you can still check the recent account activity within the app.
- Open the Twitter app on your phone and tap on Profile picture in the left to view the menu and then tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Now tap on Account and then tap on Apps and Sessions under Data and Permissions.
- Now here scroll down and here you can see all the recent logins under Sessions.
You can now see all the devices along with the location. If you tap on a device, you can see the Date & Time of login and an option to log out.
Similar to website, even in the app you have an option to log out of all the devices at once.
What if your Twitter account is Hacked?
In case if you see any unknown device in recent logins or any unauthorized activity and you believe that your account is compromised, you have to take certain steps to secure your account.
ALSO READ : 10 Amazing Tips to Protect Your Google Account
- As I mentioned above, you can log out from all the devices at once, so use that option to log out from all devices.
- Change your password and make sure you set a strong password.
- Check your tweets and if you find any unauthorized tweets delete them immediately.
- Again go to Apps and devices and under Apps, check if there any unknown apps which you don’t remember giving access to and click Revoke access next to it.
Recent login sessions feature will definitely be useful to keep your Twitter account safe. You can keep track of where you used your account and also regularly check if your account is safe or hacked.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Email newsletter follow us on Social media for more TIps and updates like this as soon as we post them.